The Alkham Valley Community Project, Minnismoor Stables
Find your way to Caple le Ferne by traveling to the top of Dover Hill A20.
- Follow the A20, once you pass the Battle of Britain Memorial turn 1st left onto Caple Street.
- Follow Caple Street through the village, over the motorway flyover and out into the countryside.
- Do not turn from this road, you will reach a crossroads, go straight over the crossroad onto Abbey Road
- Once on Abbey Road Minnismoor / Alkham Valley Community Project is the 2nd farm on the left hand side.
- Look out for the ‘Please Slow Down Disabled Riding Centre Ahead ‘sign.
From Ashford and Folkestone
- M20 traveling east from Ashford towards Dover. Stay on the M20 which cuts through tunnels outside Folkestone.
- As you travel out of the tunnel immediately take the slip road.
- The slip road curls round to a roundabout where you turn 1st left. This takes you back over the motorway.
- Immediately over the motorway bridge, turn first left.
- At the first roundabout, turn along the Alkham Valley Road. (2nd exit)
- Continue for a couple of miles until you reach the village of Alkham. The village is well signposted. In the village there is a pub on the left called the Marquis.
- Turn right just past the pub onto Hogbrook Hill Lane.
- Drive to the top of the hill, continue along on the flat and turn left at the cross road onto Abbey Road.
- The stables is the 2nd farm on the left signposted Minnismoor Stables /Alkham Valley Community Project.
- Look out for the ‘Please Slow Down Disabled Riding Centre Ahead ‘ sign.
- A2 towards Dover
- At Whitfield Roundabout, take the fourth exit A256 for 0.9 miles.
- Travel down the hill to the roundabout
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto London Road for 0.2 miles
- First left turn onto The Alkham Valley Road for 0.1 miles
- First left turn onto Lower Road for 0.2 miles
- Take the first right onto Minnis Lane, drive to the top hill for 0.3 miles until you reach a T junction.
- Turn right for 0.8 miles
- Once out in open countryside, Minnismoor Stables / Alkham Valley Community Project is on the right hand side beyond the house with the large polytunnel. The stable yard entrance is past the house.