Where we are
The Alkham Valley Community Project, Minnismoor Stables
- M20 traveling east from Ashford towards Dover. Stay on the M20 which cuts through tunnels outside Folkestone.
- Immediately as you drive out of the tunnel turn left along the slip road.
- The slip road curls round to a roundabout where you turn left. This takes you back over the motorway.
- Immediately over the motorway bridge, turn first left.
- At the first roundabout, turn along the Alkham Valley Road. (2nd exit)
- Continue for a couple of miles until you reach the village of Alkham. The village is well signposted. In the village there is a pub on the left called the Marquis.
- Turn right opposite the pub. Hogbrook Hill Lane.
- Drive to the top of the hill, pass a turning on the right and continue a little further then turn first left (crossroad +).
- The stables is the 2nd farm on the left.
- A2 towards Dover
- At Whitfield Roundabout, take the fourth exit A256 for 0.9 miles.
- Travel down the hill to the roundabout
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto London Road for 0.2 miles
- First left turn onto The Alkham Valley Road for 0.1 miles
- First left turn onto Lower Road for 0.2 miles
- First right onto Minnis Lane, drive to the top hill for 0.3 miles until you reach a T junction
- Turn right for 0.8 miles
- Once out in open countryside, Minnismoor Stables is on the right hand side